January 26, 2009

It's been awhile.......

Sophie and Ed playing in Manhattan Beach on a Saturday morning. (I was watching from afar enjoying my bagel and coffee....gotta love the weekends)
Sophie and her cousin Isabelle playing with the Princess car. Yes, they do fight over it.
Strolling on Hermosa Pier. Well, really chasing all the dogs, birds and baby carriages.
Playing with chalk on the boardwalk in Hermosa Beach. Gotta love this summer weather in January.
Counting her pennies. Already learning to save!
Strolling with her babies.

I know, I know, it's been a long time since my last post. We have been so busy since returning from our trip to Massachusetts. It's taken us a little bit of time to get back into our daily routine, a harsh reality really...vacation is soooooo nice! I got to spend every day with Sophie and a lot more time with Ed. I really took advantage of my days off and tried to do as many fun things with Sophie as possible. Staying home with her was such a luxury!
We are now back in the swing of things! I'm posting some recent photos of Sophie. She is changing every day, it's so much fun. A couple of Sophie updates:

*To say that Sophie LOVES Elmo and Ernie is the understatement of the year. She talks about Elmo and Ernie all day long and has even woken up in the middle of the night saying their names and going right back to sleep.

*Sophie loves to go to the park and swing, except she calls the park the Party. Anytime we drive by or walk by a park she points with both hands and says Party, Party. Basically anytime we get in the car she thinks we are going to the Party, she gets SO excited!

*Sophie is starting to learn colors. She loves the color red. I painted her toenails pink but she keeps me telling me that they are red. Oh well, I guess its sort of progress that she recognizes that its a color?

*Sophie has this piggy bank in her room that she loves to put money into. She calls it "Piggy". The other day we parked our car by the beach and Ed went to put money into the meter and Sophie called the meter "Piggy". Good association Sophie, except not everything that takes our change is a piggy bank!

No comments: