April 07, 2009

Easter Egg Decorating

Ed teaching Sophie had to dip the eggs.
Sophie's special "S" egg.

The finished product! Ed drew Elmo on the green egg, which turned out to look more like Oscar then Elmo.

We introduced Sophie to the tradition of decorating hard boiled eggs at Easter time. She thought it was so much fun! I think her favorite part was taking the egg and dropping it into the dye (probable not my favorite part). She thought the eggs were so "pitty" (pretty).

I love trying out new and old traditions with Sophie. It's so fun to see her get excited about trying something new. Her excitement and laughter is contagious.

2 comments:

boo and stacy said...

I can't believe that you braved coloring eggs!! Im so impressed!!!

The McGuire's said...

That is good of you to let her do eggs. I was to "chicken" (ha, ha) to let Ian use dye for fear of the mess, but I did let him decorate some pre
-blown eggs with stickers.